The HKUST provides everything that you need to make campus living convenient and easy.
Restaurants & Catering
- There is a variety of catering outlets around the campus serving a wide range of snacks, sandwiches, salad, fast food, cooked meals, desserts and drinks, as well as Chinese, western and Asian cuisines. Some of the catering outlets run on a self-service basis, while full table service is also available in some of the restaurants.
Sports & Recreational Facilities
- The University provides a variety of sports and recreation facilities, both indoors (with air-conditioning) and outdoors, for the enhancement and promotion of your total well-being.
- All full-time and part-time staff members and their dependent family members are eligible for using the sports and recreational facilities.
- Advance bookings for individual recreation must be made online at the Facilities Booking System.
- On-the-day booking could be made on the spot of the facilities on a first-come-first-served basis.
Aesthetic & Cultural Facilities
- The HKUST Center for the Arts, which is located at LG3, organizes a wide variety of programs and arts activities such as exhibitions, concerts, film shows, seminars and workshops to bring arts and culture into this business and science-orientated university and to promote the community's appreciation and participation in artistic and cultural activities.
- The Tsang Shiu Tim Art Hall, located opposite the Sundial on the Piazza, is a multi-purpose venue equipped with advanced facilities and fittings ideal for performing and visual arts events.
Lo Ka Chung University Center
- The Lo Ka Chung University Center, which is a complex with facilities such as reading room, quiet room, quiet lounge, seminar room, exercise room, staff lounge, restaurant and bar as well as music lounge, is for the enjoyment of the University community including staff and their family members, students and alumni.
- The Center is open from 0800 to 2230 every day. Users may be required to show their user identity cards on request.
Shops & Banks
- Shops including bookstore, supermarket, hair salon and Souvenir Center are available on campus to serve your daily needs.
- Branch offices of three international banks: Bank of China, Bank of East Asia and Hang Seng Bank with banking and investment services are available on campus. The banks open from 0900 to 1700 from Monday to Friday. The Bank of China also opens on Saturday from 0900 to 1300.
- General mail services including parcel and sale of postage stamps are available at Main Campus Room 2615 (2/F, next to lifts no. 31/32). Details can be found from the website of Campus Services Office.