As an employer caring for the well-being of staff members and believing that enhanced wellness will benefit both colleagues themselves and the University, the University has appointed Vital Employee Service Consultancy (Vital) (盈力僱員服務顧問) to provide general counseling service to staff and their immediate family members who may encounter stress or difficulties arising from work, family or interpersonal relationships.
The services mainly include:
- A 24-hour telephone hotline (2755 9227) manned by experienced counselors to provide counseling and consultation service.
- Face-to-face counseling – where necessary, interviews can be conducted by counselors in Vital's Office.
- Where necessary, referral to the service of clinical psychologists can be arranged.
Information on each case will be kept in strict confidence and will not be disclosed without the caller's consent.
The service hours of the Staff Counseling Service are:
- Monday - Friday: 0900 - 1730
- Saturday: 0900 - 1230
- (Except Sunday and Public Holidays)
Calls outside the service hours or when the line is busy will be directed to the counselor via paging service.