Upon your assumption of duty, a welcome package will be passed to you usually via your working Department. This welcome package includes information that you need to know for working at the University as well as enrollment forms regarding your benefits during your employment with the University.

For the convenience of your day-to-day activities in the University, here are some suggestions of what you need to do during your first two weeks of employment:



  • For identification purpose and for access to campus facilities (e.g. library, gymnasium, etc.), you need an HKUST Card.
  • To apply for an HKUST Card, please submit to the Human Resources Office
  • If you wish, you may make an appointment with the Human Resources Office for taking a digital photo for your HKUST Card.


Family Card

  • Your dependents as defined in the University's employment contract documents will each be issued a family card. With the family card, they may have access to the on-campus facilities.
  • To apply for a family card, please submit to the Human Resources Office


Resident Card

  • Your other family members or domestic helpers who reside in the University quarters on campus may each apply for a resident card to facilitate identification upon entry to the University.
  • To apply for a resident card, please submit to the Human Resources Office